- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tspsalt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1onion, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 lemon wedges
- 4 clovesgarlic
- 1 large whole chicken (about 4 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the paprika, smoked paprika, salt, onion powder, dried thyme, garlic powder, cayenne and black pepper.
- Place the onion pieces in the bottom of your slow cooker
Remove any giblets from the chicken and stuff it with rosemary, garlic and lemon wedges (or whatever herbs and aromatics you like).
- Rub the outside of the chicken with the spice mixture. If you like you can also rub some of the spices on the inside of the cavity and beneath the skin covering the breasts.
- Place the spice rubbed chicken, breast side down, on top…
View original post 228 more words